Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Bad Things Christians Say #2: B.I.B.L.E.

Image result for bible

I heard someone say that BIBLE is a great acronym that means Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Argh!, this one really annoys me. The Bible is not a book of instructions. The Bible is not about what you should do, but about what God has done for you. I guess what really drives me crazy about Christians not understanding what the Bible is for is that the Bible itself tells us what it is for.

John 20:31 tells us that "these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name."

Once again this is works over faith and a confusion of Law and Gospel.

People keep forgetting that Christianity is not about being good, but about being forgiven for not being good.

Here is an old Issues Etc. segment on the topic: http://issuesetc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Things-Christians-Say.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment