Saturday, November 14, 2015

Our Disposition Toward God


First of all God's disposition toward us is what is most important, and it is defined as Grace. However, the Bible and the Lutheran confessions also talk about our disposition toward God. One aspect of our disposition is our "moods" toward God. In his Small Catechism, Luther frequently begins his explanations with, "We should fear, love, and trust God so that..." When I was little, I used to wonder about the fear, just like many, until it was explained that fear is related to awe of power and submission to authority. This concept really sank in when I saw a chart of moods in a class I took.  As I noticed all of our disposition toward God was on one side of the mood chart and really all of those together make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment