Saturday, January 2, 2016

Spying in The Bible - Introduction


Over the years I have noticed how much espionage is in the Bible. I looked for a good book on the subject, but there just isn't one.  The only book remotely touches on the subject that I have found is Rose Mary Sheldon's book "Spies of the Bible." However, Sheldon barely scratches the surface of espionage in the Bible, and instead uses her book to push her agenda of modern Biblical criticism. Also, she has a background in history, not espionage, so she is not a subject matter expert. The book is inaccurate and misleading and only has a little general military analysis information in it as a thin veil to justify the title of the book.

So, for the next little while my blog posts will go through the whole Bible/human history and tell the story through looking at the cases of espionage. I have been working on this off and on for about last five years now and think I will be able to cover most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment